Monday, January 31, 2011

My Dad...

How I would describe my Dad.. strong...full of energy...Godly...invincible...the head of our family...husband of 47 years...father to 3 girls...Papa to 9....cancer patient???  We found out last week that he has cancer in his esophagus and it hit our family like a mack truck.  What?  How can my dad be sick?  Although on the surface he looks great,  he has lost a little weight and has been dealing with an acid-reflux-like feeling for months. My sisters and I insisted on going with my parents to the oncologist today in order to ask all the hard questions and to get tests, etc. going.  Thankfully, his doctor is very proactive and positive about treatment options, although this is a tough cancer to treat.  We're waiting for blood test results and a PET scan on Wednesday.  I think the waiting is the worst part!  I love my Dad and I want him here for my children's graduations, weddings, etc.  Because this is a photography blog, here are a couple of pictures of the incredible, goofy, loving man that helped form me into the person I am today.




No comments:

Post a Comment